St. Mary’s University is participating in Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program, a vaccine mandate program, which allows us to continue to welcome community members on campus for in-person classes and services.
On Friday October 1st, 2021, the University will launch our official software program to all students, faculty and staff. This new secure platform will support all of our community members to formally establish their vaccination status and/or regular rapid testing results.
As of Monday, October 4th, 2021, anyone non-compliant with the St. Mary’s University’s COVID-19 safety requirements will not be permitted on campus.
Change to Building Access:
The October 4th protocol will mean that access to campus buildings will be regulated and there will be fewer entry doors available to gain access to our facilities. Personnel will be stationed at each entrance, and they will require all individuals to provide Photo ID and proof of their current vaccination status/negative test before permitting entry. Please arrive early to allow for extra time in case of delays to enter buildings.
Vaccinated Individuals will be required to present:
- Photo ID
- Proof of Vaccination Status
- Single dose accepted between September 20 and October 25
- Double doses required after October 25
Unvaccinated Individuals will be required to present:
- Photo ID
- Medical Exemption Documentation (issued by the University) OR Proof of a negative covid test completed within the last 72 hours
As a reminder, the following mandates are still in effect:
- Mandatory masks usage in all indoor public spaces
- All non-essential employees who do not need to be on campus are still required to work from home
- Individuals experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms are not to come to campus and must get tested.
We encourage you to regularly monitor the StMU website https://stmu.ca/vaccination-faq/