StMU will be resuming in-person classes on Monday, January 31st. The COVID Task Force has carefully reviewed the current data and consulted with other smaller institutions that have safely stayed open since January.
We are confident that we can continue to follow protocols to mitigate risk and keep our community healthy while resuming in-person classes and labs.
As of January 31st,
- the campus will be fully open and classes originally scheduled for in-person will resume in-person
- Library, Bookstore, and Food Services will be open
- All people need to upload their proof of double vaccination of negative PCR test through the StMU Safety App to be allowed on campus with no exceptions. Please note: it takes time to process submissions through the App. To ensure access to campus, please upload documents no later than 24 hours before expected campus entry.
- If you previously loaded your proof of double vaccination, you do not have to do it again!
- Before you come to campus, self-check for symptoms. If you have symptoms, please stay home
- Masks must be worn on campus inside buildings at all times unless actively eating in the Daily Café area.
- No eating or drinking will be allowed in the Library – masks must be worn properly while in the Library
Please note: it takes time to process submissions through the App. To ensure access to campus, all vaccination confirmations should be submitted by 4pm on Jan 28th. Please upload documents no later than 24 hours before expected campus entry.
- We continue to encourage staff who can work from home to do so if possible as per the current health order, and in agreement with their leader.
- Leaders will be working with each of their staff to develop plans to return to campus in a phased approach over the coming weeks with the support of the University’s a flexible work arrangements where applicable.
- Flexible work arrangement details can be found on our shared drive
- Individuals should avoid working in shared spaces if possible and to develop a rotational schedule with their leaders to allow for cleaning between work shifts
- Wearing a mask is required at all times unless alone in their workspace.
- We continue to encourage the use of virtual Teams meetings for group meetings to minimize the risk of wide spread transmission.
- All staff are to continue to follow current heath measures in place while on campus, and if ill are to remain off campus until symptoms and/or required isolation has passed.
- COVID-19 sick days will continue to be available in 2022 to those who are ill with COVID-19, are required to be home to care for dependents with COVID-19 and/or to access vaccinations appointments.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns regarding COVID-19 including the vaccination verification program.