StMU CARES (connect, assess, reassure, evaluate, support)
The StMU CARES program is a non-disciplinary, person-centered way to connect students to support and resources and address barriers to academic success. Students can refer themselves or connect with support resources directly. Faculty, staff and Peer Mentors can also refer.
Students supported by the StMU CARES program are better positioned to improve their academic performance and wellbeing and thrive in their studies.
How it works
- Students fill out the online referral form or submit an email referral to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- StMU CARES Team will assess the needs noted in the referral.
- Dependent on the urgency of the level of needs/support/resources required one of the following will occur:
- Immediate appointment set up with the student to individually tailor resources and a success plan.
- An appointment is set to discuss needs with the student and refer to appropriate internal/external supports.
- Resources shared with students on the topic of need (online module, website, workbook etc.).
- A follow-up to ensure students have all the support they need to thrive in their StMU career.
If you have questions about the program, contact Kimberly Brocanier or Jolene Smith by email email@example.com or phone 403.254.3722.
Your academic success is in your hands!
*This program is governed by the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). Referrals will not impact academic record or transcripts.
Once you submit this form, you will be contacted by a member of our team to chat about your concerns and connect you with the resources you need.
Participation in the CARES Program is voluntary and does not affect your transcript or academic record, except in a positive way!