An addition (see Section II.H.2) was made to the REB policy and procedures in January, 2019. Applications made after this time must consider the below:
Due to the limited resources of the StMU REB this body will only review applications where the research is conducted by StMU researchers acting in their University capacity. This would exclude, for example, industry/privately sponsored research, wherein StMU researchers receive a salary from said industry/private enterprises. This differs from research supported by project funding agencies that provide university-based researchers with grants that enable them to conduct research.
- PLEASE NOTE: Applications submitted to the REB in the summer months of June & July may not be responded to until August. Additionally, applications submitted during the month of December may not be responded to until January.
- The REB policy and procedures were updated in May, 2018. Applications made after this time must consider these changes which are summarized below:
- REB membership was extended to 5 years from 3 years
- Applicants have 30 days to reply to requests for additional information made by the REB or their application will be closed (see Section II, H.6)
- Researchers with valid ethics certificates must report unanticipated issues (New form available) (see Section III, Q.2)
- Researchers with valid ethics certificates who wish to make a substantive change to their project must report this to the REB for approval. (New form available) (see Section III, Q.3)
- Extension requests for valid ethics certificates must be made 30 days prior to expiry (New form available) (see Section III, Q.4)
- RESEARCHERS – You are reminded that you are responsible for knowing the policy. The policy must inform your application. It is in your interest that you are familiar with the policy.