St. Mary’s University Fitness Centre is open to all students, staff and faculty of St. Mary’s University for use during regular hours.
Community members are welcome to take advantage of the personal training, group exercise programs and monthly community memberships. The Fitness Centre includes weight training and cardio equipment as well as a stretching area and body weight resistance training area. Shower facilities and day-use lockers are available for your convenience. St. Mary’s University promotes healthy lifestyle choices and encourages engaging in a wide range of physical and wellness activities.
The Fitness Centre offers a limited number of community memberships to alumni and family members, friends and families of students, families of staff or faculty, residents at UAL and friends of the university. The members can use the Fitness Centre during regular operating hours as posted online and at the Centre. Please note the Fitness Centre hours are subject to change and vary according to staffing. All memberships purchased are month by month with NO refunds/ or transferability. All memberships and passes must be used within one year.
Memberships and drop-in passes need to be picked up at the Fitness Centre and then must be paid at the front desk before use.
Rules and Etiquette
- All Fitness Centre users must sign in and out with Front Desk
- Report all accidents and equipment failure to the Fitness Centre Attendant
- Please do not leave items unattended in the weight room
- Please refrain from using foul language and excessive noise
- Please wipe down equipment and mats immediately after use
- Please use safety collars on all free weight bars
- Do not drop weights or dumbbells and use a spotter as needed
- Please be considerate to others using the facility
- Return all equipment to proper storage area after use
- No food or drink other than water or sports drinks in the Fitness Centre which must be in non-glass containers
- Appropriate workout attire and clean footwear are required at all times and shirts must be worn
- Please limit use on all cardio equipment to 30 minutes. Use of the safety clip is required
- Personal Training to be provided by St. Mary’s Fitness Centre qualified staff members only
- You must have permission to do any filming or taking photos within the Fitness Centre
Locker and Locker Room Policies
- St. Mary’s is not responsible for items lost or stolen
- For privacy and safety purposes, cell/camera phones are prohibited in locker and restroom areas
- To avoid wet floors/slipping hazards, please dry off in shower area
- Day-use lockers are first-come/first-served
- It is highly recommended that you use a personal lock for day-use lockers
- Personal locks may not be left on day-use lockers overnight
What are your goals?
St. Mary’s University’s Certified Personal Trainers will motivate, educate and tailor a program to help you reach your goals.
What are the Health Benefits of Physical Activity?
- Reduces the risk of coronary heart disease, non-insulin-dependent diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, colon cancer, hypertension and stroke.
- Helps to increase resistance to mental fatigue, manage stress, reduce anxiety, relieve depression and improve sleep.
- Makes a positive contribution to the maintenance of a healthy body weight, psychological well-being, self-efficacy and self-esteem and perceived quality of life.
Reach out for more information about health and well-being at St. Mary’s University.